Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Power of Passion

Am I the only one annoyed by Facebook status updates from friends who obviously hate their jobs? You know the type:

"Tom hates his job."
"Cindy wants to quit."
"Bob can't wait for vacation."

Sure, we can all be accused of complaining about things when our day has been frustrating. However, this constant negativity makes me question those friends who've obviously not followed their passion in life.

One of my favorite quotes is from Confucius. He said:
"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

Loving a job or career has everything to do with passion. For me, that passion is agriculture. It's the chance to educate others about farms and food. It's the chance to introduce farmers to consumers, and vice versa. It's the opportunity to write about the farmers who don't take vacation days or sick leave, so we'll have food on our tables tonight. That's my passion. It's my purpose, something greater than me, what keeps me going when the work gets tough, and the reason you won't see me complaining about work via social networks!

Have you found your passion?

1 comment:

  1. I had actually just thought about writing a similar post, thanks for the sharing!

    ReplyDelete